Monday 23 May 2011

Surfing on the prairies

After having the same boat for 23 years my parents invested in a new all singing, all dancing, bells and whistles, Mastercraft. I'll admit I was a little skeptical, I love our old boat...I have spent every summer since my brother was a baby behind that boat. You could almost say it's a part of our family.

Being May long weekend and also boat delivery day we spent the weekend at our family cottage. The nicest May long I can remember and the lake temperature was PERFECT (64 F).

About 5 seconds after my parents purchased the boat my brother bought a surfboard and a rope. Sounds strange but it's true. The surf rope is quite a bt shorter and you arent's more than 3 feet off the back of the boat... I even had a conversation with my brother while I was surfing and he was IN the boat! The tricky part is to find your "sweet spot" and ride the wake, then you drop the rope and stay there..."surfing." After 2 outings on the surfboard i'm sold...so farewell old boat, hello Mastercraft! (Complete with its on-board cooler, heaters, cruise control, sectional couch, USB port, and remote control boat lift)

Did I mention it's a heck of a workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment