Saturday 7 May 2011

10 years...

Tonight is my 10 year high school reunion...yikes! Where has the time gone? What have I done in the last 10 years? What did I want to accomplish when I was 17?

10 years ago I had just been accepted to College, I was winning rugby championships, studying for diploma exams, being on again-off again with my boyfriend for the 10th or 19th time, and doing some under-aged drinking. I had no idea what kind of adult I wanted to become.

Today I have a fantastic job, an awesome boyfriend (we've only broken up once!), I have managed to remain incredibly active, have found my own style and am comfotable with who I am.

The following several events have gotten me to that point...
- My Grandpa Clark passing away
- Graduating with honours from college
- getting in my first and only car accident
- joining the ski patrol
- moving across the country for someone I loved
- buying and learning how to take care of a house
- making friends in a place where I knew no one
- Completing basic military qualification
- Planning a wedding mostly by myself
- Travelling to the UK and fitting everything I wanted to see in one week
- Driving a 1984 Land Rover across canada and the northern US
- teaching myself how to drive a manual transmission
- getting 3 speeding tickets in 2 months with my new car (oops!)
- Surviving 3 spousal deployments to Afghanistan
- taking up triathlon and learning how to train
- persevering through injuries
- learning how to un-freeze pipes in -40 when you have no water
- Heartbreak
-Packing up everything I own, arranging a moving truck, and driving home to Alberta
- moving back in with mom and dad
- getting my Marmot patrol rating
- my Grandma Parker passing away
- Being there for my cousin during her battle with cancer
- more heartbreak
- my "aha moment"
- My cousin losing her battle with cancer
- figuring out what I wanted in a relationship and career in the same week
- challenging my PT exam
- getting my dream job
- Love
Grade 12 Grad Picture

Spa Lady Personal Trainer Shot

2 comments:

  1. A LOT had changed for you over the past 10 years and I am sure much more will change in the future.
    *hugs* So happy you seem to have found what makes you happy in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing where the next 10 years take you! (P.S. - extremely jealous about the Land Rover)

    ReplyDelete